Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you go about finding the right foundation makeup color?

becuz every time i buy mine its either to light or to darkHow do you go about finding the right foundation makeup color?
Go to Sephora or any other store where you can try it out first.


I love Make Up Forever's HD collection.


I think its the first foundation that is ACTUALLY my color. (I'm black with a really different skin coulor)How do you go about finding the right foundation makeup color?
you can rub a little on the back of your wrist. you can put a dap under your neck. that's what i do, but once i find the right color, i stick to it. and try not to forget!
Just ask one of the girls that work there. I get my foundation from MAC, the first time I went in I just asked one of the girls if she could help me find my shade. It took about 15 seconds - she got it right the first try. They can tell practically just by looking at you.
match it to the color you are in the spring. not summer.. because in the summer you are usually too tan from the sun and the winter you are too white
When I went to get my foundation, they matched me with it. Go into Macy's or another department store, and they will match you with the color that you need.
1. Know you're undertone and choose a Foundation based on that Undertone:


--Pink %26amp; Blue: Cool undertones. People with cool undertones often have a hard time tanning and usually burn.


--Gold %26amp; Neutral: Warm undertones. People with warm undertones have an easier time tanning.


2. Pick your foundation brand:


--Make sure you're willing to pay what it costs, if you don't want to pay $20 for a foundation, then don't.


--Many say quality over quantity, but that's not always true. Buying several less expensive foundations then mixing them together can make that perfect match.
If you use department store makeup, they will usually let you try it out so you can closely match your skin tone. That`s why I love Clinique makeup so much. Places like MAC do that too. If you are sticking to drugstore makeup, it can be hard. You might like Covergirl TruBlend because it is hard to mismatch the color, because it has a technology that attracts to skin, making the coverage look natural and flawless.





Hope this helped! Return the favor? :) Here is my question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
go to like sephora or macys to one of the counters and let the make-up artist do it for you:) or try three different colors and walk around with it or go outside and see what ones is the perfect match(with the sun) btw let it absorb into the skin so you know its the perfect color :)
If you buy it at a department store you can always ask them to do your make-up and they'll find you the right make-up.


If you're like me buying from a drugstore you can try applying it to your jaw line or inner wrist (much easier) where it's not tan. That color is the color is your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment