Friday, December 18, 2009

What color foundation for my skin?

I have naturaly tan skin with olive tone.What color foundation for my skin?
skip the foundation! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!What color foundation for my skin?
Test it on your cheek bone. If it blends well with your skin tone it is your color.
go to a departmant store and ask them to find the perfect shade for you. thats what i did and now i just try to find one similar to that one.
My mom is a cosmetologist and she taught me to rub the foundation on the back of my hand...(not the palm!) to see how well it matches my skin. It works great and it is the safest way to do it. Because when they have testers on the shelf that everyone else has used, there may be a lot of bacteria in it and you don't want to be putting that on your face!
I found out that if you go to Covergirl or Cover Girl website they have a link where you can actually chart your skin color, hair color and colors that you wear well, and after this information is entered it will tell you what the best color is for your foundation
The best way to determine which foundation color is right for you is to compare it to the skin on your neck. You want one that blends and matches your skin tone as closely as possible. Many brands (Cover Girl, Loreal, etc.) have the little translucent sticks so you can check with their displays or you can go to a high-end deparment store (Nordstroms) where they have testers and consultants to help you.
When you go to be foundation try holding the color up to your face and look in a mirror or on arm. get the one that is closest to your skin tone....id say a oliveish tan color should do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment