Monday, December 28, 2009

What color foundation should I use?

I recently purchased MAC foundation and the sales lady insisted that I was an NC25. It looked yellow on me. I returned it and told them that I had cool undertones and couldn't understand why they gave me a foundation for warm undertones. I read information on the website that said cool undertones should use the NW. Does anyone out there know why she still insists that I should use the NC. I suspect that I am more of a neutral, but I am having a hard time figuring it out for sure.What color foundation should I use?
Actually, NW is WARM.


NC is COOL.


Try going down again and play around with warm and cool colors on your neck,(not your face or you'll look streaky if the colors don't match, and your neck you can hide with your hair).What color foundation should I use?
go to the makeup section in anystore. if you prefer to use mac cosmetics then ok. when your in the foundation part of the store, take eachone and macth it to your skin. if it blends in, then you have found the right shade. it has to match your skin tone. dont worry about the warm/cool undertones. since your confused on that, dont worry about it. just focus on rubbing in a bit on the bottom of your wrist, and see which on matches the best. the one that blends in well, and can hardly tell that you have any on, then buy it. cause you have found the right one for your skin tone. goodluck and dont ask those people, some people know what they are doing but others dont. =)
Try a different salesperson. Tell them that you want a NW. But ask what shade of an NW blends in best.





Also, if you want to find the shade yourself. DO NOT try and apply it on your hand or wrist. Apply it to your jawbone right above the neck. Because the color of you hand is different than your face! Whichever one blends in perfectly without leaving a darker or lighter spot where you applied, that's the one for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment